Monday, September 8, 2008

Off in the distance

This weekend while driving back from Tucson - the journey to our little girl became a much more real prospect.

Don't get me wrong...The decision to adopt is real...our faith and hope are real...But the once seemingly high and dauntingly steep mountains of paperwork and requirements is becoming a vague and distant paper trail behind us. Today...I feel like we are at the top of one of the many mountains along our journey, looking down. Every once in awhile off in the distance I can see our little girl, our new life together and gods endless miracles.

We have completed 3 out of 4 of our required home visits, lots of paperwork and well on our way to Shania.

As I stand at the top of this mountain today and celebrate a small victory - I have to acknowledge the man I love. Dave has endured, he has perseveered, he has tolerated and he has been my rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment