Sunday, November 23, 2008

Checking the Last Box

Here is a pretty big update for you... We are about to check off the last item in our home study. The last item is my physical exam.

China has a number of medical requirements to qualify for adoption. One of them is for a BMI (body mass index) under a certain number. When we started the process I did not qualify, but now I do. In the past six months I have lost the equivalent of at least two Thanksgiving turkeys. It's been a fantastic, fun, and sometimes stressful time for us. Sheri has been my champion through this adventure and continues to give me the desire to be the best possible husband, and if God wills father, that I can be.

First thing tomorrow morning I go to the doctor for my physical exam. We'll then check the last box on our home study.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting close to the end of your paperwork journey. You must feel so proud of yourself on the weight loss. Talk about dedication for your future daughter.

    Best wishes and Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations...on the weight loss AND getting to check off that last box. so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! How exciting. You guys are done! It feels good doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete