Thursday, January 29, 2009

One down...One to go!

Tuesday we attended the first of 2 classes at our agency in town(CFCA). The class was exceeded my expectations. It was intimate...more of a group study -then a class. There were only 2 other couples besides us and the instructor.

We learned lots about adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents. We also had the pleasure of meeting a family in our class that received an infant that is now only 18 days old. Things happened so quickly - they did not complete all the classes before the baby was born! It is incredible to hear stories like these. We learned a great deal about the process - but I could have sat and spoke with her (drilled the new mom) all night long!

Our new SW is great as well - I sent her a rough draft of our birth parent letter about 2pm that same day. When I saw her before class she had already read, proofed and made suggestions! WOW!!! I love that. We actually met with her after our class and she shared that she loved our letter and that she is excited to present us in February.

So what happens next? We have one more class...next Tuesday (Happy BDay MOM)then we have to meet with our SW 2 more times. We scheduled both appts for Feb. 13 AND Feb 16. She will then present us to the entire staff of 40 birth counselors and SW's on February 17 - at this time or job is done.

Next...

We wait...we pray...we wait...we pray

Update on China. We received in the mail our notorized copies of our HS as well as the certification form from the courts. I express mailed both to the USCIS(Homeland Security Office) today. A couple more steps until we are DTC!

5 comments:

  1. Everything is moving right along. I remember the excitement and the LOOONG wait. Keep your chin up and know you have adoptive friends who are here for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am so happy this is all coming together. I just love when things all fall into place and then before you know it you will get that phone call when you least expect it!
    Jenny G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm glad you guys like your SW. She sounds very "on the ball"--that is nice. I can't wait for the "presenting" of you guys.
    I love the new signature at the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...things are really moving along! I am so excited for you guys and I find myself checking your blog daily for updates! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete