Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going to meet our daughter

Yesterday afternoon I went to see the new Terminator movie with my good friend Brian. Today so far has been like most Wednesdays; morning bible study (James 1) and sending ads with weekend deadlines and talking on the phone with friends. In a few hours we are going to meet an expectant mom and talk about adopting her baby. How are we feeling? A little nervous quite frankly. Our hope is that we can be as transparent as possible with her. Will she see how much we care for her and her child? We sure hope so. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for this meeting, for the mom and for the baby. This has been an amazing day. Regardless of the outcome we thank God for it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I'm on pins and needles for you. Praying and hoping back in West Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting :)

    Here is my blog...I hope that things are going great for you! Have you decided if you are going to work next year at the church if you are let me know and maybe we can work together again :)

    http://michaelandmelissasbundleofjoy.blogspot.com/

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting. I know she will love you and see what a great heart you have. You are going to be a great mom. Good luck and I will keep you guys in my prayers.
    Melissa Merrill

    ReplyDelete